Looking for a lighter take on Pad Thai? Try this restaurant inspired dish using spaghetti squash, peanut butter and other common ingredients you probably have laying around. This dish comes together in under 10 minutes!
Finding a quick, single serving recipe is often a challenge, especially when it comes to Asian inspired dishes which usually call for a multitude of vegetables and spices. One of my favorite dishes is spicy pad thai, however a standard restaurant portion comes in at around 900 calories!
See the original recipe here
Try this lighter dish, which can be made with ingredients you already have on hand!
Before you get started, prep the spaghetti squash. Personally, I like to use the microwave method which is quick & efficient. After removing from the microwave, let it cool for 30 minutes before cutting it. See this video for a quick tutorial:
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- In a large sauce pan combine rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, chicken stock, soy sauce & hoisin sauce
- Stir over medium heat until peanut butter dissolves and sauce is simmering
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch & 1 tbsp water until dissolved
- Add cornstarch mixture to sauce, stir until it begins to thicken
- Heat spaghetti squash in microwave until hot (about 1 1/2 minutes)
- Add spaghetti squash to sauce and fold in
- Drizzle with sriracha, enjoy!